Tuesday 10 June 2014

#Bookaday - Day 9 and 10

Day 9 - Film or TV tie-in


As a general rule, I don't like books that have an image from the film on the cover.  However, I did recently buy and read a book that had that...  'The Railway Man' by Eric Lomax.  I bought it after seeing it read and mentioned favourably on the Top Gear Burma special.  I did enjoy the book a lot, and am now waiting to pass it on to Mum.


Day 10 - Reminds me of someone I love


That's harder.  I'm going to go with 'The Witches' by Roald Dahl, because mum was the first person to read a lot of the Roald Dahl books to me.  We used to sit on the settee in the lounge together, she'd read, and I'd listen.  She was really good at doing voices for all the characters.  And as I got to be a better reader, I'd read over her shoulder and point out every little mistake she made. :)  "You missed out the word "and" there."
Incidentally, we were reading a Roald Dahl book together (I can't remember which one), when we were disturbed by a strange noise...  W then realised the hedge on the other side of the road was on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment