Sunday 14 July 2013

Typically Me

For the past 3 weekends in a row, I've intended to blog, only to get distracted with Game of Thrones Season 3 marathons (can I just say, "It was awesome!!") or other general pissing-about.

Now, of course, I've left myself 26 minutes to construct this entire blog post, condensing down the past 3 weeks, before I settle down to watch 'The Returned', which is a fantastic - albeit weird - French thriller series, currently showing on Channel 4.  The fact it has subtitles is not important when you realise how great this show is.

Sooo... England is in the middle of a heat wave.  Which I say with a certain sense of irony, because we don't really have a heat wave when compared to other places that... do.  You just need to remember that we "don't do air conditioning" over here.  Which generally makes us lethargic and blah.

So... 2 weekends ago I took Adele out for her belated birthday celebrations.  We did what all respecting 28 year olds should do, and played crazy golf.  I thought it had the potential for hilarity, and I was not disappointed.





I should point out, that the above photo is Adele trying to pull a raft over a stretch of water, all of 6 feet across.  She couldn't do it.  In the end, a random man had to do it for us.  We have no shame in playing the weaker sex when it gets us out of manual labour.

Before our battle with the raft and the golf clubs, we went to TGI Fridays and had some amazing fajitas.  Although no fajita has ever come close to the fajita I had at Las Iguanas in the summer of '09.  I was a bit drunk on 2-for-1 cocktails, and that fajita was the best thing I'd ever eaten.  I mourn its passing.

The next weekend I went out with Brian and drove over to Kenilworth in his convertible Mazda.  It is a most silly and impractical car, but gosh, it's rather fun on a hot day with the top down!



We went to 'Beef' restaurant and had a particularly nice steak.  We also drove past Kenilworth Castle, which seemed a pretty place to go, so it has been added to my "Summer to-do list".



Only 7 more days of school until summer holidays start!  This is cause for excitement!

I am cautiously planning a UK road trip this summer.  I've been wanting to do it for a few years now, so figured the summer hols would be the perfect time.
I also want to clear out my spare bedroom, so it's actually a functional, useful, attractive space, as opposed to an embarrassing dumping ground.  But it was also my plan for last summer holidays... and didn't happen.  So let's just see on that one.


Post finished with 13 minutes to spare!  BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment